References and Glossar
- Atomic Force Microscopy
DSP = Digital Signal Processor
Digital Signal Processor and data acqusitation board, here we are using the TMS320 family. The PCI32 is the currently best supported hardware for the old GXSM-1, which runs out of the box. The newer and up-to-date GXSM-2 is still supporting the old DSP boards, but it is best to use the SignalRanger-STD or -SP2 DSP board, see below.
The Gxsm project itself ist hardware independent, but it supplies kernel module (driver) support and DSP software for the following cards:
(A) The (old) ISA-bus card "PC31", still supported by GXSM-1, but out-of-date
- 50MHz DSP TMS320C31
- 8x 16bit AD, differential inputs and 2x4 multiplexed, 4x 16bit DA (serial), 200kHz
- 3x 8bits digital IO (via 8255)
- 3 additional external timer/counters (via 8254)
- see PC31 hardware documentation for a complete description.
see Hardware Docs
(B) The (newer) PCI-bus card "PCI32", still supported by GXSM-1 and GXSM-2 (but limited), out-of-date
- 60MHz DSP TMS320C32
- 4x 16bit AD, differential inputs, all independent; 4x 16bit DA, 200kHz
- 16bits digital IO
- see PCI32 hardware documentation for a complete description.
see Hardware Docs
The PCI32 DSP card is available via GBM, Germany (Innovative DSPdistributor).
The PCI32 cards are not or only hardly/used available. The card is not any longer in production, but they may still build those cards (last status check was 4/2002). The new SignalRanger is strongly recommendet.
(C) Up-To-Date: Standalone DSP solution "SignalRanger" connected via USB
Alternative "low cost" but good and very reliable DSP solution: The SignalRanger/Soft dB with a USB connection to the host machine.
The SignalRanger Linux support project is now in a working stage!
The Signal Ranger is a fixed point DSP board featuring a 100 MHz TMS320C5402 DSP and a full-speed USB interface, providing fast communication and power supply to the board.
- Input Output
- Spot Profile Analysis Low Energy Electron Diffraction, a surface analysis tool used in surface science
- Scanning Probe Microscopy, e.g. STM, AFM
- Scanning Tunelling Microscopy
The WRM SPM Piezodrive is used for all SPMs powerd by Gxsm, contact/mail:
Ing. Buero Walter Reimann, Germany
Click here to see it!